Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Instructions for authors.
- Images are either in PNG format, and the width is at least 2.500 pixels, or in SVG format.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word document file format (DOCX).
- Where available, URLs (download source of an online article) for the references have been provided.
Please include a word count for your paper. A typical article should be around 7000 words; this limit does not include tables, figure captions, author notes/endnotes. This limit does include the main text, abstract, footnotes and references. Longer papers can be considered following consultation with the editor.
A typical brief article for this journal should be no more than 4000 words; this limit does not include tables, author notes/endnotes and figure captions; this limit includes the main text, abstract, footnotes and references.
Your privacy is important to J-STAR. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that J-STAR collects, and the ways in which J-STAR uses that personal information.
Personal information collection
J-STAR may collect and use personal information that is necessary for the processing and publication of manuscripts submitted to us. This information may include names, affiliation and contact details; including postal address, emails, phone numbers and fax numbers.
Using personal information
Any personal information received by J-STAR will only be used to:
- process and publish your manuscript,
- administer this website,
- personalize the website for you,
- enable your access to and use of the website services,
- process your manuscript,
- publish your manuscript,
- send to you communication about your manuscript
Where J-STAR discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, J-STAR may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing your data
J-STAR will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Cross-border data transfers
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available around the world.
You agree to such cross-border transfers of personal information.
Updating this statement
This website contains links to other websites.
J-STAR is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.